Gold Property Developments are proud to be members of the Consumer Code for new homes. This is one of many schemes that we choose to be a part of in order to prove our professionalism and consideration as new home builders.
WHAT IS THE CODE?
The Consumer Code for New Homes is a mandatory Code which has been established to ensure that best practice is followed by all registered Developers in respect of the marketing, selling and purchasing of New Homes, and also sets expected standards for after sales customer care service.
It was developed to be of maximum benefit to consumers and its ultimate aim is to provide a genuine commitment to consumers to improving standards of construction and customer service in the New Homes market, recognising that part of that commitment is providing consumers with a voice when things simply don’t go according to plan when they buy a New Home.
The Code provides a clear consumer complaints process supported by an independent Dispute Resolution Scheme for consumer complaints that arise and are made in writing to us, your Developer, within two years of the date of the Completion of your New Home purchase. This is run independently by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution.
WHAT DOES THE CODE COVER?
The Code covers the New Home buying process to ensure that the selling activities we engage in are of a consistently high standard. This includes:
- Pre-Purchase Stage: – ensuring high standards of customer service, fair and clear documentation, adequate information provision
- Contract Exchange Stage: – governing the Contract of Sale, requiring minimum standards for fair and transparent contracts, accurate information about when the property will be available and protecting deposits
- Handover & After Sales: – providing minimum standards for handover and after sales processes, ensuring your health & safety and ensuring you have suitable information for maintaining and living in your property.
- Complaints & Disputes: – giving you access to clear, speedy and low cost dispute resolution if things don’t go according to plan
PURPOSE OF THE CODE
Purchasing a New Home is a significant expense for most consumers and there are many different factors which you will consider when buying, including location, design and suitability as well as price and reputation of your Developer.
The Consumer Code for New Homes aims to ensure that consumers are protected from undesirable trading practices during the New Home purchase process and so sets standards for all Registered Developers so that they are consistent and of the highest standards to ensure the whole process is as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
The Code provides us with a mark of real quality, to give you the peace of mind that, when you are buying a New Home:
- you will be treated fairly by us and our Agents
- you can have confidence about our legal and professional status as a company
- you will be given clear and reliable information about your New Home and the purchase process
- you will know what standards of construction & service level to expect from us
- you can access speedy, low-cost Dispute Resolution if you are not satisfied with the sales process
- you will understand what you have to do to maintain your New Home and address any problems that may arise
- if you are in a vulnerable position, this is readily identified by us and we will give your suitable support to help assist you in making decisions.